Sunday, November 24, 2013

Review : Forever Innocent

Forever Innocent by Deanna Roy
Genre : Romance, Contemporary, College, Realistic Fiction
Age Group : New Adult
Purchase Links : B&N | Amazon
 photo goodreads-badge-add-38px11_zps1ae6e47f.jpg

Blurb:

"Our baby died on prom night, and nothing was ever the same again."

Corabelle doesn’t feel like any of the other college girls. On what should have been one of the happiest nights of her life, she and her boyfriend Gavin watched a nurse disconnect the ventilator from their seven-day-old baby. During the funeral two days later, Gavin walked out and never returned.

Since then, her life has been a spiral of disasters. The only thing that has helped is her ability to black out whenever the pain gets too hard to bear, a habit that has become an addiction.

When Gavin shows up in her astronomy class four years later, he is hell-bent on getting her back, insisting she forgive him. Corabelle knows she can’t resist the touch that fills the empty ache that has haunted her since he left. But if he learns what she has done, if he follows the trail back through her past, her secrets will destroy their love completely. And once again, she’ll lose the only person who always believed she was innocent.

My Thoughts:

"We were a family in progress, and our future spread out before us like the sars. I thought we'd be that happy and innocent forever, and that nothing would never come between us. "

Corabelle given birth to a premature child that lasted only seven days. Trying to let go of the child they had made the choice to take the child off the machines keep him alive. Not long after the funeral Gavin walked out of Corabelle's life without a word. When they by chance see each other again in class its hard to handle but the old attraction is sparked. Both have secrets and regrets but when it comes out in the open will their relationship be able to handle it?

"I should have lived my life differently. I should have accounted for the possibility of a second chance. All my mistakes lined up in front of me and no matter how I pummeled them, they didn't fall."


This is a book about pain and learning to heal. I loved this book, so much angst, attraction, and regrets. This book shows the healing and I really loved that I got to see these characters slowly develop and change from start to finish. I loved that this book had the point of views of both Corabelle and Gavin. It helped make ma understand what they are going through, it made them feel more real and easy to connect with. I thought this book was beautifully written and I enjoyed every minute of reading this. Now on to the end, I couldn't help but say what?! out loud. When I read the last past, I wanted more, with that being said there will be another book that comes after. I look forwards to see what happens next.

Overall I loved this book and highly recommend. 4.5 of 5 Stars!

" You didn't find someone you loved and lost a long time ago just to lose them again. I refused to believe it. I wouldn't let that happen."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...