Monday, October 14, 2013

Torn

Torn by K.A. Robinson (The Torn Series Book 1)
Genre: Contemporary, College, Abuse, Romance
Pages: 268
Purchase Links : Amazon



Blurb:

Chloe hasn't had the best life. With a mother who is gone more often than not, she has had to raise herself. After graduating high school, she leaves to start a new life away at West Virginia University with her best friends Amber and Logan, determined to leave her demons in the past. 

On her first day, she meets a stranger who takes her breath away at first sight. Until she met Drake, no one had ever sparked her interest. Now this tattooed and pierced bad boy is all she can think about, no matter how hard she fights it.

Falling for Drake was never part of her plans, but when it happens, things seem to do anything but fall into place.

Dealing with a tragic past, Drake has never cared about anyone else but himself and his band. But when Chloe takes the empty seat next to him in class, things start to change. Instantly drawn to her, he begins to wonder if one girl can take a cold hearted womanizer and change every part of him?

Long hidden feelings are revealed and friendships tested to the brink.

My Thoughts:

Chloe was a victim of emotional and physical about by the one person who should protect her : her mother. Luckily she had the support of her two best friends Amber and Logan to get through it all. When Amber and Logan head to the same college Chloe joins them. At school she meets the hot bad boy Drake who's in a bad. They both have a connection that cannot be denied. Chloe feels herself being pulled towards Drake but he keeps pushing her way. Its then her long time best guy friend admits he's been in love with her for a long time and for her to give him a chance. Things with Drake and her are rocky and he doesn't seem into her so he goes for it. It's then that Drake sees that he wants her but shes now with Logan. Chloe feels so torn between being with the guy who shes attracted to or her best friend.

Love triangles are cheesy and still I can't help but want to keep reading them anyways. I guess it is guilty pleasure of mine even if I have a love hate relationship with those types of books I still continue to read them. I did love and enjoy this book which is why I have rated it a 4.5 of 5 stars. I loved the characters and how supportive her best friends are I wouldn't even mind having  a friend like Logan. Now the hard choice is who should she choose? With this book I was team Drake, he brought fire and passion in Chloe. Meanwhile Logan brought familiarity and comfort. When Chloe was going through the problems of who to choose I just wanted to smack her over the head for getting herself into this situation rather then talking to Logan. Maybe talking to him in the first time no matter how uncomfortable it would've been it would've been best. She should of  let Logan know how she felt rather than string him along and ruining their relationship more. Oh and towards the ending, I just saw coming and I am so glad that I have the second book at hand or else I would've gone crazy with a cliffhanger. Well I'm going to cut this review short because I want to get to the second book already :-) Highly Recommend!

* * I received a free copy of the book provided by NetGalley * *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...