Sunday, September 22, 2013

Review: Reckless Longing

Reckless Longing by Gina Robinson

Stars: 4.5 of 5
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Group: New Adult

Ellie Martin hates her beautiful, man-crazy mother. Her mother’s wild and wanton behavior has left Ellie with a deep longing. To escape. To belong. To know who her real dad is. To really be loved. Her mother finally crosses a line that sends Ellie running, escaping to college with one, focused goal–to find and confront her bio dad, who doesn’t even know she exists. Then she meets Logan. Hot, charming, and troubled. He turns her world upside down and puts all her plans in jeopardy.

Logan Walker is hiding a shameful and painful secret. One that nearly cost him everything. When he meets the beautiful and mysterious Ellie at a Week of Welcome event, something inside him awakens and he finds himself drawn to her.

But the attraction they both feel for each other is as delicate as the web of secrets they each hide behind. And as the truths are revealed, their reckless longing may not survive the fallout.

My Thoughts:
"I believe in forgiveness. I really do. But in my book, forgiving doesn't erase the consequences of the other person's action." 
When I requested this book it was the cover that drawn me and then when I read the description its what sealed the deal with getting this book. :-)

What I loved about this book is that it kept me guessing. There were times that this book was predictable and then there was times where this book proved me wrong which I loved. This book was well-written and kept me hooked until the very end. With an ending like that you know theres a second book in the making and I can't wait to see what happens.  I loved all the characters except for the obvious few. (Read the book you'll know what I mean)

So obviously this book is based on college students and I loved that no matter what happened the characters kept going on with school problems and such. See, many books based in college you never really hear about their school life, you understand its a school setting but most of the time it seems like they aren't even at school which isn't a big deal but being a college student myself, idk. I just feel like if you want a college setting it isnt only about dorms and parties there is school... idk if I'm saying what I want to say right. To me it was that detail that made it relatable therefore more enjoyable.

Overall I really enjoyed this book and recommend you lovely readers to check it out!

Tomorrow I'm gonna be apart of a tour for this book and for this tour I'm doing a giveaway so why not do it a day earlier?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...