Thursday, June 8, 2023

Review: Guarding a Forbidden Love

Guarding a Forbidden Love by Carla Cassidy

GenreRomantic Suspense
GoodreadsClick
Purchase LinkAmazon BN | Walmart eBooks 
Pages: 288
Published: January 24, 2023 by Harlequin Romantic Suspense
Will a killer drive them apart

Or bring them closer together?

Long before he started helping her renovate her bakeshop, Sam Bravano noticed Harper Brennen…but she refuses to believe that he’s interested in an older woman. He’s doing his best to charm her when they make a grisly discovery together. Someone is very unhappy with their budding relationship. Sam wants to protect Harper, but his attraction to her might make him a deadly threat… 
Harper hired Sam to renovate her bakeshop. Although she is older than him she can't help but find him attractive and knows that the age difference will possibly be a problem. When someone left something for her to find its clear that someone isn't happy about their relationship and now its becoming evidently clear that she's no longer safe.

You know I really enjoyed this book I really thought it was more of a romance than anything I mean it's clear that there's a dark undertones with the Scarecrow and stuff but with how fluffy it started I almost forgot that this is going to be a mystery suspense kinda novel. I enjoyed seeing the romance though I didn't care too much about the age difference I mean they're both adults it's not like he's 18 years old where could be seen as a bit creepy. While there were meddling family members kind of understandable but again they're adults so it was interesting seeing how that played a part and the relationship with making things complicated. Then there was the whole side character who clearly didn't appreciate the relationship and it's killed before and now his sights set on Harper kept wondering when that would become a thing and wondering if it was apart of the scarecrow thing. Overall this was a pretty enjoyable book highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...