Monday, December 27, 2021

Review : The Last Cowboy Standing

The Last Cowboy Standing by Carla Cassidy

Genre: Suspense, Romance, 
GoodreadsClick
Purchase LinkAmazon | BN | iBooks | Walmart eBooks 
Pages: 288
PublishedNovember 30th 2021 by Harlequin Romantic Suspense
A cowboy's back on the ranch… and ready to rescue his boss     

Hired to work as a horse trainer, Mac McBride discovers that his new employer, Marisa Lindale, is as untrusting as her mustang. Years ago, she was tormented by a mysterious criminal and now her abductor has returned! Mac finds himself irresistibly drawn to Marisa and desperate to protect her…but her plans for revenge might risk both their lives.
Marisa was kidnapped and let loose and is no longer the same after what she went though. On a path of vengeance she isolates herself and prepares for him to keep his promise of coming back for her. Until then she's got a broken horse she's trying to bring life to and Mac a horse trainer is there to help.

I really enjoyed this book. I loved hearing as she was taking her power back after what she went though problem was that she had every intention of not bringing the law into it and ending her kidnapper herself. I was curious to see how that would turn out when it came right down to it. Then there was Mac who was helping with the horse and seemingly helping her be a bit more open when she meant to stay closed off because she refuses to let any one else in and has her kidnapper in mind to take him down so things can get messy. I also loved the bit of the kidnappers mindset here and there throughout the book so I couldn't help but wonder when he would really strike and how it would all come down especially knowing that Marisa got something planned in mind. Overall great book I really enjoyed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...