Friday, February 22, 2019

Review : Stroke of Luck

Stroke of Luck by B.J. Daniels

Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Mystery, Suspense, 
Goodreads: Click
Purchase link: Amazon | Walmart eBooks | BN
Pages: 384
He’s hoping to bury the past. She’s ready to settle the score.

The Sterling Ranch’s season opening isn’t going so smoothly. With the ranch’s lodge full of guests and a Montana blizzard threatening, Will Sterling needs help—and he needs it fast. So when his childhood friend Poppy Carmichael agrees to lend a hand, he’s grateful for a second chance…and more enticed by the woman she’s become than he cares to admit.

For Poppy, it was supposed to be a retreat full of horse rides and hoedowns—with a side of showing Will what he’s been missing all these years. But as the snow deepens outside, the guests’ suspicion and mistrust turn sinister inside, catching Will and Poppy in the crosshairs.

Weathering the storm in each other’s arms is all too easy for Will and Poppy, but will a confrontation with a killer mean their reunion is short-lived?

New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author B.J. Daniels starts her Sterling’s Ranch series off with a bang in this suspenseful story of romance and revenge.
 

Will is opening up his families guest ranches a bit early when a series of accidents and a blizzard heads his way. To make things even more complicated his cook broke his leg and ends up getting a childhood friend hired as his temporary cooks, turns out shes grown into a stunner and he might end up with his heart it knots over her. To top things off a death occurs and the blizzard got them trapped with the killer.

Such a great book I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed getting to know the characters and seeing the reasoning behind Poppy was gonna stick around after having her heart broken by Will. While reading its clear the guests of the ranch are a bit iffy and got the Will and the others wondering whats up because clearly there was tension going on with the employees. I loved watching the mystery unfold, and wondering who was going to die and wondering why they are being killed off in the first place. Oh and of course I was curious who was behind everything. I enjoyed getting to see the quirks of one of the characters. Another thing I really loved getting to see was that romance that was unfolding with Will and Poppy.  Overall pretty great book I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...