Friday, February 1, 2019

Review : In Self Defense


In Self Defense by Debra Webb 


Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Mystery, Suspense,
Purchase Link: Amazon | Kobo | BN
When a tireless newswoman becomes the story…

she could lose everything—starting with the family business.

To get the scoop on two grisly murders, newspaper publisher Audrey Anderson needs help from Winchester sheriff Colton Tanner—the gorgeous cowboy who betrayed their teenage love. But Audrey fears that finding the killer will mean exposing the family secret she desperately needs to stay buried. She’ll do whatever she has to in order to protect those she loves. No matter what happens…or how hot things get with Colt

Audrey is a crime journalist who back home to be there for her mother who has dementia. While a couple of deaths seem to be connected Audrey is trying to get the scoop while sheriff Colton is trying to make sure she keeps her distance from the case. Thing is the more closer she gets into the details the most things in her family past might have some type of connection to whats going on and they really need to see who is behind the mystery that's going on and capture them before things get worse.

I liked this book. Personally it was a bit too slow for me it could be that I'm so used to mystery thrillers that have so much going on without a moments rest that this book ended up not as good. Not that this book was bad because it wasn't but that it was just at a slower pace then I'm used to. There was times where I lost interest but then would pick this book up and find myself enjoying it. I did like the mystery and how everything progressed in the book seeing the clues unfold and seeing how these two worked together. There was some obvious connection and its clear they had a past and it was nice to see that. What I do appreciate is that that connection between the two didn't overpower the book, I mean this book is a mystery not a romance and sometimes authors tend to go heavy on the romance and kinda randomly remember that the book was a mystery intrigue book and this book wasn't that which I appreciated. Overall pretty good book I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...