Friday, January 27, 2017

Review : Besties

Besties by Leah

Goodreads link: Click
Purchase Link: Amazon | Kobo | B&N
A fully illustrated celebration of female friendship that is a gift, a thank-you note, and a love letter all in one.       
 
Besties smartly captures all the reasons why best friends are . . . well, the best: they help you make decisions, are there through rough patches, and will always be your +1 for awkward parties. Even more than that, best friends are the people with whom dearest memories are shared, whether trivial or meaningful. In a style that is at turns both sweet and quirky, celebrated indie artist Leah Goren illustrates the many ways in which close friendships withstand the test of time, cross-country moves, failed romantic relationships, and silly arguments. Featuring whimsical artwork and a sincere message, this is the book friends both young and mature will want to give each other to show their appreciation.


This is a sweet book about best friends, no not best friends, besties.  It's about friendship, the awkward times and fun times and everything in between. I really loved and enjoyed it. With each page turned it got me thinking about my bestie and the things we been through and it's hard not to smile when reading this book. Although it is really specific on what seems to be the author and her bestie (I'm assuming) it's easy for me to think about the relationship between me my bestie. Another thing I liked about the book is the lovely illustrations throughout it. Overall I really liked this book, now excuse me while I call my bestie it's been a while and this got me missing her.

(I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...