Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Review : Doctor Who The American Adventures

Doctor Who The American Adventures by 

Goodreads: Click
Purchase Link: Amazon
Pages: 192
Published October 25th 2016 by Penguin Books, Limited (UK)
Travel through time and space with the Twelfth Doctor in these six brand new adventures, set in a host of locations across the US and eras from throughout US history. 

An invisible spacecraft turns up at the Battle of New Orleans, an alien presence is detected at the 1944 D-Day landings, and ghosts take over New York's subway tunnels as they're being dug in the early 1900s... 

Filled with mystery, excitement and the Doctor's trademark wit, these timeywimey stories will delight any Doctor Who fan.

This book took abit longer then I thought it would be, which is unusual for me since this book is a series of short Dr.Who stories. Since I'm a fan of the show I was instantly drawn to this book. Thing is I just couldn't get into it. There was the first short story which was All that Glitters, it was ok but not a great impression for me. I was a bit more slow to want to read the next short story. But as it turned out the next story Off The Trailer there was a few things that I did enjoy, there was plenty going on and it was pretty good. It was more like the show that I've come to love. As for the Ghosts of New York I thought it was pretty good, not much action but it was good as well nice to read in a short amount of time. Spectator Sport and Base of Operations was two of the short stories that I can say that I liked, there was more action to it which I loved so it kept me hooked. I actually finished that story fairly quickly because I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...