Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Graphic Novel Review : Lady Killer

Not even sure why I never considered writing a review for a graphic novel but when I come across a book I have strong feelings towards I make sure to let others know about it and this is definitely one of those kind of books.

Betty Draper meets Hannibal!

Josie Schuller is a picture-perfect homemaker, wife, and mother—but she’s also a ruthless, efficient killer for hire! A brand-new original comedy series that combines the wholesome imagery of early 1960s domestic bliss with a tightening web of murder, paranoia, and cold-blooded survival.

* New original series by Joëlle Jones!
* Dark comedy, gritty action, and killer laughs!



To summarize this book is about Josie, a mother, wife, a homemaker but there are times where shes a complete a ruthless killer for hire. This book is set in the and is set in the 50's. One of the things that I can really say drawn me to this book was that gruesome yet beautiful cover. The art style / illustrations were made by Joëlle Jones and she did an amazing job on this graphic novel. The storyline of the book was interesting enough, and I managed to finish this book fairly quickly. I had first borrowed this book from the library, but I'll be purchasing this book fairly soon. A book this beautiful and gruesome needs to go on my shelves. Highly Recommend.

As a side not with how this came out I'll be sure to check out other books that Joelle Jones had illustrated because I really love her art style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...