Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Blitz : Sweet as Sin

What Makes Rock Stars So Sexy?

If you’re like me, you find rock stars irresistible. There’s just something fantastic about a man who can make tattoos and a pair of tight leather pants into an entire outfit. Here are my top five reasons I find rock stars so sexy, in no particular order.
  1. The Strut
Lord save me from men who know how to swagger. That cocky, you-know-you-want-me walk tells the ladies that not only does he think he’s the best, he’s got the goods to back it up. He oozes self-confidence, and you can’t wait to watch him go to work. On you.
  1. The Talent
There’s magic in his voice, his eyes, his fingers…and I’m not just talking about between the sheets! Rock gods must have talent galore to rise to the top of their profession. He’s not just another pretty face, he’s a gifted musician and songwriter, and all that talent is a massive turn-on.
  1. The Lifestyle
Admit it; his glamorous lifestyle is a major plus. The parties, the private jets, the fifty-city world tour…what girl wouldn’t want to hop along for the ride of her life? But beware if you’re the jealous type; women literally throw themselves at his feet. You’ll be stepping over swooning groupies everywhere the two of you go.
  1. The Power
He’s got pull, and it shows in a million ways, both big and small. Whether it’s a private audience with the President or a private night at Disneyland (because he bought out the whole park for your first date), a rock star can get anything he wants. This Prince Charming really can make all your dreams come true.
  1. The Fantasy

He’ll whisk you off to exotic island locations on a moments’ notice. He’ll shower you in expensive gifts. He’ll write a song just for you…or maybe an entire album. Every day with your rock god will be more interesting than any other day you’ve ever had. And if you’re really lucky, he’ll pop the question and give you that happily-ever-after you deserve.


Sweet as Sin by J.T. Geissinger

(Bad Habit #1)
Publication date
: July 14th 2015
Genres: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance
Goodreads: Click
Purchase: Amazon | B&N
Twentysomething Kat Reid is loving life as an in-demand Hollywood makeup artist. She has absolutely no interest in rock ’n’ roll, but in order to pay the mortgage, she agrees to work on the set of a rock video for the world-famous rockers known as Bad Habit…which brings her face-to-face with Nico Nyx, lead singer of Bad Habit and Adonis in the flesh.

However, the fiercely independent Kat isn’t impressed by the hard-living, womanizing rock star. But when Nico’s model girlfriend shows up to the set drunk and Kat is tapped to replace her as the video’s sexy bride, her combustible chemistry with Nico suddenly threatens to consume the set. Nico feels it, too—and becomes determined to win Kat over, body and soul. Yet behind his rock god swagger, Nico hides a dark secret. Can he rock Kat’s world forever, or will he just break her heart?

Sweet As Sin Soundtrack

I never listen to music while writing because I need to concentrate, but I do become obsessed with certain songs while I’m writing certain books. I’ll listen to them over and over in the car or on my iphone, picturing the characters, thinking about scenes, letting my imagination go crazy, then write all those ideas down. So music definitely inspires my writing. Here are a few of the songs I was obsessed with while writing Sweet As Sin. (Links open Amazon Music window.)

I tried to pull away, but he pinned me to his side. “Nico,” I protested.
He shook his head, all hard eyes and hard jaw and hotness. “Not lettin’ you run away just ’cause you’re scared, darlin’. Not how it works when you’re with me.”
“I’m not with you!” It came out as a hiss. If it wouldn’t have ended up splashed across all the tabloids, I would have slapped him across the face, he was so infuriating.
“Not yet.” His voice was dark with promise. He sounded utterly certain, like it was a foregone conclusion that I would be his.
I would not be a foregone conclusion.
“Please help me up.”
My tone was cold. Judging by the look on his face, Nico didn’t like it.
“Kat—”
“Nico, no. Just no. Please stop it. I’m not a toy. You need to respect what I’m telling you. I’m flattered, but I’m not interested in anything except getting through today, and getting back to real life. Okay?”
He paused, gauging my tone. “Okay.”
Relief swept through me. Disappointment, too, but I ignored that. I shouldn’t have been too relieved, however, because Nico wasn’t done with me yet.
“I’ll let you up on one condition: prove you’re not attracted to me.”
I glared at him. “Would you prefer me to stab you with one of my heels, or gouge your eyes out with my fingernails?”
“Nah. A kiss will do the job.”
Was I on drugs? Had I even gotten out of bed this morning? Maybe this was all an elaborate dream, and right now I was snug in bed with the covers pulled over my head. I stared at Nico, at a loss for what to do.
My body had a few ideas, but my brain wasn’t on board with any of them.
“I don’t kiss strange men.”
“I’m not a stranger. We’ve been introduced.” His fingers curled over the curve of my hip. His head dipped toward mine.
Breathing was becoming difficult. My face felt so hot it burned. “I don’t kiss men with girlfriends.”
“We already covered that. She’s not my girlfriend. Next excuse?”
My hands were flattened against his bare chest as I tried to push him away. My voice came out small. “I don’t want to.”
Nico shook his head, his eyes hot. “Such a fuckin’ liar,” he whispered.
Before I could react, he lowered his mouth to mine.

J.T. Geissinger is an award-winning author of paranormal and contemporary romance featuring dark and twisted plots, kick-ass heroines, and alpha heroes whose hearts are even bigger than their muscles. An entrepreneur since she began hand-addressing envelopes for a local beauty pageant when she was 14, she has owned businesses as diverse as a temporary employment agency to a flower shop. It wasn't until hitting a significant birthday that she became motivated to realize her life-long dream of writing a novel.

Her debut novel, Shadow's Edge, was a #1 Amazon domestic and international bestseller, and won the Prism award for Best First Book. Her follow-up book, Edge of Oblivion, was a RITA© Award finalist for Best Paranormal Romance from the Romance Writers of America. Book 6 in the Night Prowler series, Into Darkness, won the Golden Quill award for Best Paranormal/Urban Fantasy. Her work has also finaled in the Booksellers' Best, National Readers' Choice, and Daphne du Maurier Awards.

Foodie, wine enthusiast, and nap connoisseur, she lives in California with her husband, on whom all her heroes are based.

To receive notification of new releases, contests, and giveaways, sign up for her newsletter

Author links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...