Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Review : One Last Song

One Last Song by S.K. Falling

Genre : New Adult Contemporary Romance
Releasing January 13, 2015
Pages : 336
Published by Forever (Grand Central Publishing)
Goodreads Click
Purchase LinkAmazon

I was seven when I swallowed my first needle.

When you spend your whole life feeling invisible—when your parents care more about deals and deadlines than they do about you—you find ways of making people take notice. Little things at first. Then bigger. It’s scary how fast it grows. Then one day something happens that makes you want to stop. To get better. To be better. And for the first time, you understand what it’s like to feel whole, happy . . . loved. For the first time, you love someone back.

My mom freaked out and rushed me to the emergency room.
She stayed by my side all night.
I never wanted it to end.
For me, that someone was Drew.

"Sometimes people are more then what you think they are."
Saylor has munchausen syndrome and pretty  much spent her life feeling neglected. When she finds a new disease and finds a way back to the hospital its such a high. When she meets a new therapist who suggest her to vollenteer at a hospital she is estatic. Now she'll be around the people she very much wants to be and comes across a group of people she would like to know more about who change her view of things. 


"Tomorrow's going to come, whether you decide to change or not. It's up to you whether you want tomorrow to be the first day of your fresh start."
Just reading that description its easy to be fascinated enough into reading this book. I just loved this interesting new take on munchausen syndrome which is something that I haven't come across before. Its a eye opener to people like myself who really don't know much about it. I loved seeing Saylor's perspective and watching her change over time to help herself and learn more about her family which she never knew before. There is so much to love about this book and I recommend you lovely readers to check it out.

 5 of 5 stars!




S.K. Falls likes to believe a degree in psychology qualifies her to emotionally torture her characters in an authentic fashion. Her books have won the gold medal in the 2014 IPPY awards, been featured on USA Today’s book blog, and regularly appear on Amazon’s various bestselling lists. When she isn’t writing her twisted love stories, she can be found gallivanting around Charleston, SC with her family.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...