Thursday, October 9, 2014

Review : Winning Ruby Heart

Winning Ruby Heart by Jennifer Lohmann

Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Sports
Pages: 384
Published September 2nd 2014 by Harlequin
It's a race to their beginning… 

Exposing world-class athlete Ruby Heart's cheating scandal five years ago made reporter Micah Blackwell's career. Falling in love with her now could end it. Yet watching her determination to return to the top, he can't resist the woman she has become. 

Working with Ruby to tell America her story, Micah falls deeper under her spell. But at a crucial moment, his feelings for her conflict with his job—the very thing that once saved him. Now he must choose between his skyrocketing career and the unlikely love of a good woman….

Review:

Ruby's career went down the drain when she was caught cheating using drugs to up her game. It's been five years since then and has decided she must stop hiding and go back to what she loves. While doing a harmless run she was caught by the sports guy, Micah who dragged her in the mud that ruins her years back. Now Micah wants to make a deal with Ruby to help his career and come up with a coming out redemption story for Ruby. Things start to get complicated the more they spend time.

I really enjoyed this book. I loved the characters. I loved watching Ruby take a stand for herself and putting herself out there rather then hiding like her parents want her to do. I enjoyed Micahs character as well he didn't let things get himself down. I loved watching the connection between Ruby and Micah and the chemistry was great. I loved there was the dual POV which helped me enjoy each character and learn more about them. I thought that this book had a great storyline. There was bits of drama to keep the book interesting and I loved the twist towards the end. Overall this is a really enjoyable book and I highly recommend you lovely readers to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...