Friday, May 16, 2014

Review : Up For Grabs


Up For Grabs By Heather Young-Nichols

New Adult Contemporary Romance
Releasing May 6, 2014
Published by Swoon Romance
Goodreads: Click

When Flannery Tate left home for a college halfway across the country in Michigan, she'd only planned on getting an education. But when Cain Dorsey walked into her life, she had no choice but to fall for him. However, what’s a girl to do when her scholarship well runs dry? Return home? Get a job?
Flannery gets creative. She decides to sell the most precious and valuable thing she can - her virginity - to the highest bidder. When Cain discovers her plan, their world crumbles. Will they be able to move past her betrayal and find a way back to each other? Or, is this the beginning of the end? UP FOR GRABS is a story of love, heartbreak and truth.

My Thoughts:

So I really enjoyed this book but WTF why sell her virginity. I can think of dozens of reasons why she shouldn't and the alternatives. At some point I was like why does she feel like she has no option? Couldn't she just work like many people out there and just go back to school. I don't understand why it had to come to that. I think that if she would've talked to her boyfriend then there would've been less drama. But then again this is just a story and that drama made things interesting. If my friends ever did what she did I would've smacked some sense into them. I disliked Flannery but I really Cains character. I liked that he was patient with her, he was understanding and I just thought that he was a great character. I enjoyed the overall story and it was a fun read.
I have been writing since I was a kid when I wrote short stories for my mom and gave them to her as gifts. She loved it. Then I wrote my first novel length story in 2009 and have been going strong since then.
So I love coffee (usually the cold kind), I love books (usually the hot kind). If I’m not writing (which I do a lot of) and I’m not spending time with my family, you can find me with a book or my Kindle. I still prefer print and buy my favorites even when I already have them digitally but I do use my Kindle relentlessly.
September 2013 was the month things got real. I signed my very first book deal with Swoon Romance that I am totally hand flapping and nerdy dancing over.

Heather Young-Nichols was born and raised in Saginaw, Michigan and graduated from nearby Saginaw Valley State University with a degree in sociology. The only thing that rivals her love of reading is her love of baseball. When not with her husband and three kids or the cat that likes to bite, she is working to bring the characters in her head to life.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...