Friday, April 4, 2014

Review : Blue Rose

Blue Rose by Sarah Daltry

Genre : Romance, Abuse, New Adult
Paperback, 284 pages
Published January 21st 2014 by Createspace
Goodreads : Link

“Four. My life has been shaped by four people. Four men, to be more specific. My father, my stepfather, my best friend, and my boyfriend. The first two shaped it in horrible ways, but what I am, who I am, is all because of four men.” 

Alana Reardon has secrets. Some of them are too dark to tell, but everyone already thinks they know anyhow. At 20, she takes too many pills, hides the parts of her that she hates, and willingly becomes the person that they think she is. A slut. A whore. Trash.
There have only been two guys who ever saw Alana as more: Jack, the guy she can’t get over, and Dave, the one who never got over her.

With the help of therapy, facing her past, and the inevitable ways that life changes without your permission, can Alana learn to stop blaming herself? Can she allow love into her life? Is she ready to move on?

Warning: This book deals with topics of abuse and may trigger reactions in people who have experienced those things in their own lives.

My Thoughts:

I've never read any of the flowering series and with how this book turned out I'll be sure to put the rest of the books on my TBR list. This book was unexpected. Not at all how I thought it would be, it was actually better. I couldn't help but feel bad for Alana but then again I feel like there was so much she could do to help herself and change things to make how every thing turned out differently. But then again this book wouldn't have been great as it is without her troubles. I loved how this book was written. I loved that there was back flashes to what happened to make her the way she was and how she was able to get through it all.

My only thing to say is just read at your own risk. This book isn't for some.

4.5 of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...