Friday, March 14, 2014

Addicted To You

Addicted To You by Krista and Becca Ritchie

Genre: Contemporary, Romance, College, Dark, Abuse, Drama
Age Group: New Adult, Adult
Goodreads: Link
Kindle Edition : 324 pages
Published : August 22nd 2013
Purchase LinkedAmazon

She’s addicted to sex. He’s addicted to booze…the only way out is rock bottom.

No one would suspect shy Lily Calloway’s biggest secret. While everyone is dancing at college bars, Lily stays in the bathroom. To get laid. Her compulsion leads her to one-night stands, steamy hookups and events she shamefully regrets. The only person who knows her secret happens to have one of his own.

Loren Hale’s best friend is his bottle of bourbon. Lily comes at a close second. For three years, they’ve pretended to be in a real relationship, hiding their addictions from their families. They’ve mastered the art of concealing flasks and random guys that filter in and out of their apartment.

But as they sink beneath the weight of their addictions, they cling harder to their destructive relationship and wonder if a life together, for real, is better than a lie. Strangers and family begin to infiltrate their guarded lives, and with new challenges, they realize they may not just be addicted to alcohol and sex.

Their real vice may be each other.

New Adult Romance recommended for readers 18+ for mature content

My Thoughts:

Lo and Lily used each other as a way to hide their addictions from everyone. Their addictions kept them from their family and friends, keeping them from getting good grades at school and from leading normal lives. They had each other and that seems to be it for them. But things start getting complicated when they decide to date. Then some people seem to want to be their friends. Not only that their family is trying to be more in their life's. The more people in their lives the more they'll see their Lo and Lily have secrets that they are trying to hide.

I gotta be honest, at first I was really interested in this book then when I started I ended up putting it down not interested. I've been putting off reading this book for some reason for some time. It took me a while to come back to this story which I finally I did yesterday and this time I just couldn't down. I was hooked to the book and don't even know why I didn't get hooked the first time. I loved the characters. It was interesting seeing their life and how they were dealing with there addictions. It was also hard to see when it was slowly bringing them down. I was very surprised towards the end. I loved that this book wasn't predictable and not like most books I read. This book was unique and interesting and I really enjoyed it. This book was well written and I highly recommend you lovely readers check out this book out. Can't wait to check out the next book to see what happens next!

4.5 of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...