Thursday, February 20, 2014

Selling Scarlett

Selling Scarlett by Ella James

Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Erotica, BDSM,
Age Group: New Adult/Adult
Kindle Edition, Fourth Edition, 426 pages
Published April 13th 2013 by Barkley's Books
GoodreadsClick

              Amazon
 
Elizabeth DeVille doesn't belong at a party like this - one where the gowns cost more than her Camry and cigars run higher than her grad school utility bills. Dragged out of seclusion by her best friend Suri, Elizabeth is merely playing dress-up, rubbing elbows with a crowd that banished her troubled family years ago.

Hunter West is tired. Tired of parties, tired of pretending, and tired of trying to right a wrong that haunts him every day. Bourbon heir and professional poker player by day, by night Hunter is gambling with his life in a high-stakes game of crime and blackmail.

When Elizabeth stumbles into Hunter's den of vices, she's a light in the darkness, a flame in the void. And, just like everything he touches, Hunter mars her in a record time. To rectify the damage done, Elizabeth needs money she doesn't have, and she's come up with a foolproof way to get it.

Follow Elizabeth - code-named Scarlett - to the lush Nevada brothel where she'll auction her virginity and risk the only thing that's not for sale: her heart. The highest bidder is a familiar face, with wicked hands and the devil's mouth. And a secret so dark that it could cost her life.

My Thoughts:

I had first read Unmaking Marchant as apart of a tour and found out that there was more to this series (Trilogy?) I had read the third book first and didn't miss a thing and really enjoyed the book so I decided to give reading Selling Scarlett a chance. This book was very different and not what I was expecting. I loved that Suri and Marchant had popped up a couple of times, it was wierd to hear about thier lives before they met each other. I liked that I got to see a sort of different side from the book I previously read. Well that goes to say these books are standalone so feel free to read it in any order.

Now on to this book's review,

You defiantly need to be open minded when it comes to this book, if I wasn't I would've closed this book a couple chapters into the book. There so much to love about this books and there were times that I didn't like something but that's okay. Some of the positives for me about this book that I loved the characters. I loved how loyal Libby/Elizabeth/Scarlett was she would do anything for her friends. But that's where one of the negatives for me too because how far would you go for a friend? I think she went too far. She was lucky to have it turned out the way it did. I think that she was very naive and put her self in a lot of situations that could get herself into trouble.

Things that didn't seem like much turned out to be clues to what would happen later on in this book. Like times where I thought this book was dragging and useless turned out to be what helped me understand what was going to happen in the future of the book. I loved that there was a lot of suspense and steam. I loved that there was a bit of mystery and that this book wasn't predictable at all. Overall I loved this a book and think you readers should check out this book. I look forward to seeing Cross's story! 4.5 of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...