Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Review : No One's Angel

No One's Angel By Kelly Walker
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Abuse
Age Group: New Adult
Purchase Links: Amazon  Only .99!
 photo goodreads-badge-add-38px11_zps1ae6e47f.jpg

Blurb:

If you are looking for an intense, passionate love so wrong it is right, a story about losing your way but clawing desperately at any chance to find your way back, about hanging on to your last shred of sanity and trusting someone enough to let go of your fears, look no further. No One's Angel's angel is a New Adult (NA) Contemporary Romance about a girl learning to fight back and a boy learning to let go. 

Tess used to spend more hours than she'd care to admit playing her favorite computer game, using the nickname Angel. She could pretend her life was different, and she could pretend Arion was just a friend. But a girl needs more to keep her warm at night than pixels, and she traded her virtual heaven for a real-life hell. Now she's on the run from a past she won't talk about, and the only place she has to go is the doorstep of the friend she's never actually met.

When Angel disappeared from their nightly games, it nearly destroyed Arion. He threw himself into work and women, but he can't help knowing the one-night stands will never compare to the angel who haunts his dreams. At first, when she shows up soaking wet and scared-shitless on his doorstep, he thinks his prayers have been answered.

But the more Arion tries to keep Angel close, the more her fear drives her away. If they are ever going to have a chance for a future, they'll first have to deal with the past that hasn't forgotten her any more than she's forgotten it--and Arion will have to learn how to let her go.

* * Content Warning : Due to adult sexual situations and language, this novel may not be appropriate for readers under 18. * *


My Thoughts:
"My emotion is a giant see-saw and I'm tottering on the edge with him in the middle. if he takes one step towards me, it will tip the balance."

Angel shows up after a year on the doorstep of Arion an old cyber friend she met online while playing a video game. A lot has happened since the last time they spoke and she need a place she can stay temporarily. When Angel disappeared from his life without a word, Arion spent his time in grief working and having meaningless sex with women. Its been a year and his life is getting good when Angel, shows up sopping wet from the rain with no explanation. They are finally together again but hes worried that she might up an leave from his life again.

"I don't know who said it, but some important person said something like you have ot be okay with yourself before you can be okay with someone else. I believe that truth in that, and I need to get myself okay for both us."

Wow, I absolutely love this book. I feel like Angels/Tess's character is someone the readers can relate to. I loved how even though she was scared she was still a brave and strong character. I liked Arion/Axel character but his stalker like tendencies were kind of creepy and I don't think I would've been OK with him. If it wasn't for his point of view in the story I probably would've not liked his character much. That then leads me to saying that I loved that there was more then one point of view with Angel and Arion it helped me like and understand the characters more. I thought the book had a great story line and that it was well written. I loved the attraction and connection between the two. I feel that people can relate to the whole cyber attraction that these two went through and when they met in person I can understand where their feeling came from. I liked that this book wasn't a instant connection they had a background to start from. Oh and towards the ending, I couldn't help but laugh. You'll know why if you check it out.

Overall I loved this book and think you readers will too. Highly Recommend. 4.5 of 5 stars.

"You'll always be my Angel. If I have to, I'll build you new wings."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...