Saturday, November 9, 2013

Review : Love's Second Chance

Love's Second Chance by L.P. Dover
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Purchase Link: Amazon ONLY .99!


Blurb:

Korinne Anders had it all. She had the perfect job, the perfect house, and the perfect husband. When tragedy strikes, her world takes a devastating turn. Six months after losing her husband to a car accident, Korinne vows it to herself never to love again. If she doesn’t allow another man in her heart, then there’s no reason for her to feel the pain of loss. This plan seems to work, but is put to the test when Korinne’s best friend can’t stand to see her suffering any longer.

Korinne’s long-time friend, Jenna Perry, has an idea and it involves helping her friend find the spark of life in her soul no matter what it takes. Korinne didn’t know that Jenna’s plan meant bringing back a past love, a second chance with the man that Korinne had to leave in college, but always kept a place for in her heart.

When Galen Matthews learns of Korinne’s loss and that she’s finally moved back home, he wants nothing more than to be there for her. The love he felt for Korinne years ago has never left him, and now he’s given a second chance to not only mend her heart of her loss, but to also continue the love they shared in the past. Will his love and determination make her strong enough to give fate a second chance, or will her fear of losing another love make her run away? 

What will Korinne do when she’s faced with a love so powerful that no matter what she does there’s nowhere to run from it?


My Thoughts:
"You  can't live your life in fear, because if you do you'll miss out on everything."
After her husband died Korrine pretty much wanted to shut her heart and throw away the key. It's been sometime and her best friend Jenna decides to play matchmaker and introduce her to an past love. Korrine want to open her heart to Galen but know she first must finish loose ends that tie her to her last husband to start opening he heart to Galen. Galen has always wanted Korrine and now that shes back her wants to be there to help heal her heart and try to get back together.
"By no means was I weak women, but putting off my past was no going to help my future. Until I could deal with my past, how could I ever fully move on?"
Sweet, Steamy and Heartwarming. Korrine has been through so much that she deserves her happy ending. I loved how sweet, loving, understanding and caring Galen was. I loved the connection they both had, I loved that it wasn't one of those cheesey instant connections I'll-die-for-you type of love, it was sweet and it was picking up right where it last ended. I loved how caring and loyal Korrine's friends were, They helped support her and helped her get back on her feet. I liked how strong Korrine was, to go through what the went through and go through so much heart ache once again but still have the heart to go on. I want to tell you more about her but I dont want to ruin the book. I loved the story, loved the writing style. I loved that there was the point of view from both Korrine and Galen so it was easy to connect and enjoy both characters. Overall I loved the book and think you readers will too! Highly Recommend! 4.5 of 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...