Monday, November 11, 2013

Review : Forever Young



Forever Young by Sawyer Bennett
Genre: Magic, Fantasy, Supernatural
Purchase Links:
 photo goodreads-badge-add-38px11_zps1ae6e47f.jpg

Blurb:

She’s a loner, she likes to fight and, oh yeah…she has the ability to see the demons that lay beneath the faces of ordinary humans. It’s a gift Charlie Wright inherited the night her parents were brutally murdered when she was fourteen years old.

Now in her last year of high school, Charlie just can’t seem to keep herself out of trouble.  Rather than taking a one-way trip to juvenile detention, Charlie chooses to join a mysterious group called The ForeverLand Alliance.

And then her life really gets weird.

Charlie finds herself magically transported to an alternate universe. In Semper Terra, no one ages, people fly, and one stunningly gorgeous, immortal man manages to capture Charlie’s heart and awaken the adult woman she is becoming.

But it’s not all fun and games. For Charlie is training to become an Annihilator, a select group of Semper Terrans who protect mankind from all of those things that go “bump in the night”.

It’s only when Charlie finds herself stuck in the middle of a prophecy that could bring about the end of the world that she truly begins to understand the deep sacrifices she will have to make.

My Thoughts:
Charlie is an orphan who is very big on fights but at least she gives the person a warning before she throws the punches. Her last fight was the principal's last straw, but rather then sending her to juvie he sends her to get training as an Annihilator. The annihilators are a group of people who destroy Daimons.

Now since I'm pretty big on covers because the cover is pretty much the first impression the reader gets I want to talk about it for a bit. For those of you who didn't know I've noticed there was two covers for this book, I think the second one is the library version of the cover what ever that means. (Maybe I got my info mixed or maybe this was just previous cover and the new one just replaced it) Regardless I love the new cover. The new cover is simple, pretty and personally it caught my eye. The second cover (The one with the Axe) I think the cover suits the book more, its pretty but idk something seems cheesy and off about it. If this book had the second (Axe) cover personally probably wouldn't have read the book, not even looking at what its content. I know I shouldn't base a book by its cover but I'm a sucker for pretty covers. I love the new choice of the cover.
"...Don't ever let anyone, yourself included, diminish your worth. We are all important in this life."
Now on to the book, this book reminded me of Vampire Academy and House of Night minus the vampires. You are a fan of Richelle Mead and P.C. Cast books this book might appeal to you.

Just knowing this book is by Sawyer Bennett I knew that I wouldn't be disappointed. I've read many books from this author and found myself loving each book from her. I loved how different this book was even if it reminded me of those other two books. I loved the characters and loved how brave, strong and caring Charlie was. I loved how she would help those she doesn't even know and would risk getting in trouble to do something right. Well, maybe she could've done something differently rather than throwing a punch. I love the mix between reality and fantasy. I think that this book has come to a great start for the the series with character building and introducing this new world/dimensions.

Overall I loved the book and look forwards to seeing more of this series by the author. I highly recommend you lovely readers to check it out. 4.5 of 5 Stars!

USA Today Best-Selling author, Sawyer Bennett, is a snarky southern woman and reformed trial lawyer who decided to finally start putting on paper all of the stories that were floating in her head. She is married to a mobster (well, a market researcher) and they have two big, furry dogs who hog the bed. Sawyer would like to report she doesn’t have many weaknesses but can be bribed with a nominal amount of milk chocolate.
Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...