(The Gifted Realm #2)
Publication date: October 30th 2013
Genres: New Adult, Urban Fantasy
Synopsis:One, breathtakingly hot, passion-filled, night ignites a fire in his soul. Everything in his world should be nothing short of perfection…but he is Rainer Lawson.
His wild evening with Emily is the Realm’s front-page story. Could he have lost the respect of the man that has been like a father to him? Could his family’s hard-earned fortune really dissolve before his very eyes?
Evil rapidly cinches its chokehold, and everything his father fought and died for threatens to implode. Rainer attempts to protect those that he loves and satisfy the fiery passions between he and Emily, but everything in his world is spinning wildly out of control. His desire to prove himself could very well be his undoing.
Sometimes the best of intentions are not enough, but perhaps it is the trials by fire that make the man. Steel sharpens steel, and the passions burn white hot in “Lessons Learned.”
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Twenty Questions With The AuthorAuthor Jillian Neal has agreed to play “20 Questions” with us today. She will answer yes or no to the questions we come up with about her “Realm.” We’re going to let Jillian have 4 skips because we don’t want to give too much away. Ok, here we go…
- Will we ever get to find out the identity of Adeline’s father? – Yes
- Is it Dominic Wretchkinsides? – Skip
- Chief of Iodex Dan Vindico seems to be such a hard, driven character. Will we get to find out why he is the way he is? –Yes
- Will we ever get to see Vindico not so angry? – Yes
- So far the series has focused primarily on Rainer and Emily. Will all eight books of the series be about them/told from Rainer’s POV? - No
- We love Sam. Will we see more of him and hear more of his words of wisdom? – Yes, of course!
- All of the Haydenshire brothers seem to be fairly straight laced. Do we ever find out why Garrett is such a wild playboy? – Yes, but not in this series
- Will Garrett and Chloe Sawyer ever end up together? – Skip
- Will we get to know any of the other Arlington Angels better? – Yes
- After the events in “Lessons Learned” are we finally done with “Uncle Stan?” – No
- Will we ever see Adeline gain confidence in herself and her abilities? – Yes
- Is Adeline going to be incarcerated because of her mother, Candy Parker? – Skip
- Will the “Press” ever leave Rainer and Emily alone? – No
- In “Lessons Learned” there are a few real people that you’ve identified as Gifted. Will there be other cameo appearances throughout the novels? – Yes
- Will we ever hear the circumstances of Rainer’s father’s assassination? – No
- You’ve mentioned that the Summation teams do a lot of charity work. Will we get to see this and be a part of it? – Yes!
- Dan Vindico seems to love to push the boundaries of his job. Will he ever go too far to catch a bad guy? – Skip
- You’ve discussed the Gifted Realm of the United States. Will we ever see Realms outside of the U.S.? – Yes, in the next book actually
- Will Vera Wang design Emily’s wedding gown? – No
- You’ve told us repeatedly that the eight books of this series are already written. After those are published, is the story over and done or do we get more of your “Realm?” – No it isn’t over and done. I’m working on the third series involving the Gifted people.
Jillian lives outside of Atlanta with her husband, and children.