Monday, October 7, 2013

Review : When it Rains


When It Rain by Lisa De Jong
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Abuse
Age Group : New Adult
Pages: 296
Purchase Links : Amazon



Blurb:

One night changed my life forever.

Beau Bennett has been my best friend since I can remember. He was my first crush before everything came crashing down, and now he wants more, but it's more than I can give him. Things are different now. I wish I could tell him why, but I can't. 

I haven’t told anyone.

I never knew how much I really needed him until the day he left for college, and I was completely alone.

Then one day, Asher Hunt rides into town with his dark, captivating eyes and cocky grin. He doesn't care who I used to be, he's simply breathing life into what’s left. People warn me to stay away from him, but he helps me forget the pain that has held me hostage for so long; something I thought was impossible before he walked into my life.

I’ve been hurt. 

I’ve been saved. 

And I’ve found hope. 

I thought my story was written that night, but now I know it was only a new beginning. Until one secret turns my world upside down…

Again.

My Thoughts:
"I believe that life is a series of coincidences and that night coincidence screwed me over."
After one night everything in Kates world change. She withdrew from everyone, the only one who kept going holding strong was her best friend Beau. Two years later right before he leaves for college he finally admits he loves her but its not the time and shes not ready for anything. When Asher comes in she knows he's different. She does something so out of the ordinary and befriends this guy, she knows he's just as broken as she is and they are both willing to work out what they've been holding in. Kate is slowly but surely acting like herself again and it breaks her best friends Beau's heart to know that he can't do that for her. When Kate is finally happy Asher finally lets her into knowing his secrets and his secret has the power to break her heart. I also wanted to point out that I really thought this cover was pretty. 
"I'm at a fork in the road; I can choose to experience everything I intended to in life, or allow myself to be held down by Drew for yet another night."
If I were to describe this book with two words this would be it: Heartbreaking and Hopeful. Just, this book is simply amazing. I loved it never a dull moment. The readers can really see how heart breaking it was for Kate and it was hard to see what she was going through. I loved watching her change bit by bit being with Asher. I loved his character, I loved that he was able to heal her wound and make her more alive. Before she was just existing  after meeting him she was brought back to life even after his secret was let out. I loved that this book had from time to time let the readers know different points of view. It helped me understand how other characters may be feeling at certain times. 
"We tend to regret our yesterdays, live in our todays and forget about our tomorrows, but I'm trying to cherish them all."

This book was just simply beautiful and I loved it. Highly Recommend! Definitely worth 5 of 5 stars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...