Saturday, September 28, 2013

Found by Stacey Wallace Benefiel (Penny Black #1)

Found by Stacey Wallace Benefiel (Penny Black #1)
Genre: Science Fiction, Romance, Supernatural, Dystopia, Contemporary
Age Group: Young Adult
Page: 159
Purchase Link: Amazon



Blurb:

From the author of the Zellie Wells trilogy comes FOUND (Penny Black #1)the first book in a whole new NA trilogy set in the Society world.

Discover what happened to Zellie, Avery, Melody, and Ben!

And meet Penny Black, a girl with a past that can see the future.


Penny Black hasn't had it easy. Just about everything you'd expect to happen to a harassed foster-kid turned junkie has happened to Penny. Add in the mysterious power to rewind time, conducting events around her, and it’s a wonder she held up on the streets for so many years. Now, at seventeen, the New Society has found her. Finally, Penny is where she belongs. But that doesn't stop the visions, or the need to protect the victims shown to her.

Wyatt Adams is excited and intrigued when his sister Melody assigns him to be Penny’s Lookout. Being the youngest, and hopelessly ordinary in the family that created the New Society, has left Wyatt feeling like he has a lot to prove -- and Penny is a big deal. She’s got abilities that surpass any he’s seen before…and pretty much every quality he looks for in a girlfriend, but no one needs to know about that, especially Penny.

My Thoughts:

* * I received an ARC for a honest Review* *

Penny  had a hard life and was in a group home when a random guy who claims to be her uncle shows up to take her in his custody. Its there that she learns that she's not the only one with strange abilities. Before she met him she thought she just had weird dreams and sleep walked. Now shes lives with people like her, goes to school, has regular meal, plus theres this guy...

Wyatt doesn't have any abilities but hes still apart of this new places that brought Penny in. His job is to look after her but when her visions occur things become hard to control. He wants to do everything he can to help penny but it just might be too hard and might cost him his job as a lookout.

I really enjoyed this book, it was fast paced with a lot going on to keep my interest. My only problem is that I found myself lost at sometimes. I just found out that this book might be a branch off of some other book, maybe thats why I was confused maybe something was better explained in the previous books that I didn't get in this one? Regardless, I liked what I did understand with the book and I enjoyed it. I liked the uniqueness of Penny's ability. I thought the point of having a look out and a tigger was interesting but I'm pretty sure thats where I was confused. Maybe I miss something?

I liked that there was more than one point of view which make it easier to like and understand each character. I liked that after everything that Penny went though which included, rape, self-mutilation, drug addiction, as well as other stuff she was able to come out of it alive and well.

Oh and there was one word that stood out and drove me nuts every time I heard it, which was Bueno. At first I thought it was ok but then I would just annoyed after a while of reading it so many times.

Now from what I'm hearing it's supposed to be a dystopian book. Not sure how, the only thing I noticed that was different was a couple of updated gadgets used. There was nothing out of the ordinary that would label it under Dystopia. Maybe my understanding of dystopia is different. Or maybe that theres more descriptions of it int he previous books that this book branched off of. I'm starting to question whether or not I should've read those other books before I started this one...

This in a way made me think of Kelley Armstrong book and I think any of you readers who likes the author Kelley Armstrong might be interested in this book. Overall I enjoyed this book and think you readers will too. 4 of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...