Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Ravens, and Wolves, and vampires, Oh My! Infinity Review

  It's true what they say . . . Thou shall not fuck with the Immortals . . . Ever

Infinity (Valkyries : Soaring Raven) by Sedona Venez
Stars: 4.5 of 5
Format: Ebooks/PDF
Genre: Romance, Paranormal, Vampire, Werewolves, New Adult, Fantasy, Mythology, Shapshifters
Pages: 218


Book Blurb: 

Infinity discovers a dark secret from her past that rocks everything she knows to be true.

A troubled 22-year-old superstar singer, Infinity has a bad reputation for drugs and hard partying. Now, she is on the road to a comeback with her controversial tour. But everything about doing the concert feels wrong from missing employees, to anonymous threats about ruining her career. She is dealing with a powerful corporation that is determined to kill her and everyone she loves.  She is also battling for control of her life and career from a relationship that crossed the fine line between love and obsession. Infinity knows too much, even though she doesn't realize it.  Secrets have been kept and these secrets are powerful enough to destroy her and everyone she loves.

Now she must put her safety and trust in the hands of sexy, tattooed and delicious Torch Channing and Boulder Vigari, hired to keep her from getting killed. Boulder wants to make her his. He won't stop until he claims her. Torch struggles with his primal need to possess her and his hatred of everything she represents.

Infinity is determined to protect her heart while dealing with the pressure of pulling off another successful tour without spiraling into another mental meltdown.

"So you have a darkside. I have one too. That doesn't make us bad people or unlovable  It just means we need balance, stability, and acceptance. The scales must be even for us to function."

My Thoughts:

Its odd when I've read previous views about this book either people really dislike the book or absolutely love it. The amount of dislikes almost swayed my wanting to read this but since I had received a ARC for an honest review I decided to read the story anyways.

So theres Infinity who is pretty much a self-absorbed superstar who gets whatever she desires. She's your typical mess of a singer who was addicted to drugs and partied too hard after her mental breakdown she jumped right back into business. I have a love hate relationship with Infinity, I hated how self absorbed she was its drove me crazy she acted too much of a diva but then again she's a singer/star so I'm not surprised. As for what I liked about her was that she was confident, sassy, and bold. I liked that when she was in trouble she was ready to kick ass.

He smiled. "Death will look so good on you."
Death? Nope, not today. I could do this. I could beat him.  Sometimes in my soul knew this. 
"Not today. This superstar is going to Fuck. You. Up. Bloodsucker." I had nothing to lose and everything to gain-My survival."

My favorite characters had to be the best friends Zoey and Diego, they are great sidekicks. I love how loyal, outgoing, funny and friendly they are. I loved how they would talk to each other.

"Okay, can you at least warn a girl before you unleash a bevy of hot, young Viking warriors? The whole lot of them walking around just all tall and buffed and giving off some weird animal vibe. Whew! Just Whew" She (Zoey) started fanning herself."
I'm pretty sure this is the first New Adult/Adult book that is paranormal which was another thing that interested me. I mean, it has nearly every mythical creature in it, including Viking (Which was another thing that almost turned me off before reading and then loved it when I was actually reading it).

Overall the story was pretty great. I loved the writing style and the storyline was quite good. There was quite a bit of conflict to keep me interested. But there was a lot of random stuff that didn't quite fit and made it harder to understand. Sometimes I felt like the story dragged in places where it shouldn't,  I was just as confused as the superstar of what was going on. I wished the chapters a bit shorter they were like 20 pages long. I mean I received the PDF copy and it took awhile to get through just one chapter.  Filled with suspense and at the end left with a cliffhanger. I must know what happens next to know what the heck is going on.

I'm just adding this because I couldn't help but crack up when I saw this in the book:
" Will you stop defending that crazy ass bird." Picking up a pebble I threw it. "Bitch!" Gunnr croaked, holding the note while flapping its wings with triumph. "I get it. You hate me. But guess what, bitch bird? I hate you too."
Mom quirked a brow with amused smirk. "Hate?"
"Uh, yes! Remember when it tried to peck my eyes out?
"Yes. But Gunnr apologized and was adequately punished for playing too aggressively."
It was confirmed my mother was out of her damn mind. "Oh, fuck that. The only reason Gunnr didn't succeed was because I finally stood up to her bullying ass by head butting her like a soccer ball." I held up two of my fingers, looking at her between them. "Goal, Bitch. Goal."


Author Bio: 

Sedona Venez writes paranormal romance, urban fantasy romance, and science fiction romance. She lives in the North East in the city that never sleeps. Sedona can be found online in all the usual haunts:

Facebook
Blog
Twitter
Goodreads






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...