Thursday, October 17, 2024

Review : The Hometown Legend

The Hometown Legend by Maisey Yates

Genre: Romance, Contemporary, Westerns
GoodreadsClick
Pages: 326
Published: July 23, 2024
Can this battle-scarred cowboy find redemption in her arms?

Rory Sullivan has always grown up in her sisters’ shadows. But this summer, she's determined to make some changes. Rekindling her teenage friendship with Pyrite Falls’s prodigal son, Gideon Payne, feels like a good start. She can instantly see he’s in pain, but she’s sick of being afraid of life and she refuses to be intimidated by him. But is she brave enough to act on her attraction to Gideon's raw physicality?

Decorated army hero Gideon’s return has sent the local community into parade-planning overdrive. Except Gideon isn’t the all-around golden boy who left. His life imploded in the same explosion that caused his honorable discharge from the army—he lost his career, his marriage and he damn near lost himself. Gideon knows Rory is far too innocent for someone as damaged as him. But the scorching hunger between them is irresistible… All he can offer is something temporary, unless Rory can make Gideon see he's capable of giving her everything she needs…

Rory is tired of seeing herself as a plain sister and is looking to improve herself before leaving her home town. Gideon is her best friend's older brother who has come back from the Army with a lot of baggage. Gideon and Rory we can almost friendship but also with the idea that he may be able to help her with a to do list to improve herself but also she is to help him deal with some issues he has as well. Of course the old feelings that were used to have for Gideon are still simmering there and with the time they spend. That attraction does grow between the two

So I'd like this book it was pretty basic though. I feel like I've read this book many times over but I like how this author managed to make it her own. I like the two main characters and getting to know them I don't think I've read the previous book. And I don't feel like I missed anything. That goes to say even if you don't read the series you won't feel like you're missing anything but I think you would probably be better if the previous books were read and with how this book turned out I think I'm going to have to go back and check them out. I really like to see how the two work together to improve themselves and think that attraction clearly they had a thing for each other and with the time limit of her leaving and with him being closed off it was going to make things more challenging. There isn't much I can say without giving it away other than this was a pretty enjoyable book and I really liked reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...