Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Review: Summer Ever After

Summer Ever After by Kortney Keisel

GenreRomance, Contemporary, Clean Romance, Sports Romance, Sports, Contemporary Romance, Fiction, Humor, Chick Lit, Audiobook,
GoodreadsClick
Pages: 364
Published: June 12, 2024

Falling in love is easy. Finding the right guy to spend happily ever after with... that's the hard part. 

But I have a foolproof plan. I'm taking the tropes that work in romance books and applying them to my love life.

Only one bed? Never fails.

Caring for someone when they're sick? A classic.

"Who did this to you?" Seals the deal every single time.

So long, loneliness. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

But the more I try to force romance, the more feelings naturally progress with the one man who's off limits: Walker Collins, the guy I've had a secret crush on since 7th grade, not to mention my best friend's older brother. 

Dating Walker crosses BFF lines I swore I'd never cross. Plus, he hates Sunset Harbor, and his pro golf career will take him off the island as fast as he came, sending me back to the land of singlehood, loneliness, and broken hearts. 

At the end of the day, I don't want to be the fool in my foolproof plan

Jenny's finally ready to settle down and made it her mission to use this summer to find a man using romance book tropes. Walker is her best friend's brother who's in town after an injury and slight issue with his girlfriend to recuperate. Since it's not planning to stay and he's her best friend's brother he's not on the list. But he sure seems to keep running into her while she's on her way to finding love. 

There was book tropes all around and it was such a fun read seeing how it all played out. Even the whole off limits bff brother trope was a main one. I loved watching as we came across every dating antic she was trying to pull off miserably and finding themselves in trouble a few occasions and even if this book was easy to predict this book was plenty entertaining to read anyways. Now I wanna get ahold of the next books.

Also I want to point out that I did get a hold of the audiobook and it really made the experience of reading this all the more better. The pacing was fine the actors were good and overall when it came to the audiobook portion it really enhanced my reading experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...