Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Audiobook Review : Lovers at the Seaside

Lovers at the Seaside by Addison Cole

Genre: Contemporary, Romance
Goodreads: Click
Published August 17th 2018 by Melissa Foster
Listening Time: 8 hours and 1 minute
Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers features a group of fun, flirty, and emotional friends who gather each summer at their Cape Cod cottages. They're sassy, flawed, and so easy to relate to, you'll be begging to enter their circle of friends! 

IN LOVERS AT SEASIDE...
After months of long-distance communication, actress Parker Collins and artist Grayson Lacroux finally plan to reconnect in the seaside town of Wellfleet, Massachusetts. But Parker never shows, and weeks pass without a word, leaving Grayson to believe he’s misinterpreted their budding relationship.

Parker has been running on autopilot ever since she lost her friend, mentor, and the only family she’s ever known, Bert Stein. Armed with junk food, tequila, and her big, lovable dog, she’s prepared to hole up and mourn—and determined to mend a fence Bert had never been able to with his estranged and bitter brother. But Parker didn’t count on the handsome artist she’s been fantasizing about for nearly a year walking in on her grief-induced drunken night.

When Grayson stumbles across Parker, he has no idea what to make of the gorgeous blonde who blew him off despite the chemistry between them. But that doesn’t stop him from feeling protective of the woman who’s consumed his thoughts for months, and when he learns of Parker’s plans to confront an angry old man, he refuses to leave her side. As Parker’s past unfolds, they’re led on an unexpected journey of discovery. Their connection deepens, until good intentions spark painful secrets, threatening the love they’ve found.

Parker and Grayson have been contacting one another online for months and end up developing feelings for one another. Suddenly Parker goes quiet for a while and Grayson finds her grieving the death of a loved one. Now that they are meting in person those feelings they had while long distance is coming full force with two and they can't help but fall for one another. Both have completly different lives and need to figure out how a relationship would work out. 

I loved this book the first time I read it but it's even better getting a voice for the characters. I was able to listen though audiobook and it was a whole lot better experiance for me. What I love about having access to this audiobooks is that I was able to continue throughout my day and listen to a great book while I was at it and I enjoyed myself. 

As for the book I loved how well meaning and supportive Grayson was and he was there to help her through the grief and making sure that she wasn't just dealing with things on her own. But he wasn't the only one, he introduced her into the fold of his friends and family and they were all there for eachother and it was nice seeing that. I loved how backstories unfolded in this story, getting to learn more about Grayson and Parker with each page. I loved that attraction between the two and if you readers are anything like me and love books with romance, with a bit of steam, a clean romance you'll like this book. I pretty much spent my whole morning reading this book and I really enjoyed myself and think you readers will too. If you love a good romance then Id recommend you to read this book but even better to read the previous books as well (or for an even better experiance get the Audiobooks). Each are a standalone but the previous characters do make an appearance in this book as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...