Friday, August 19, 2016

Tour | Review : There Once Were Stars


There Once Were Stars by Melanie McFarlane

Published by: Month9Books
Publication date: April 26th 2016
Genres: Dystopian, Young Adult
Peace. Love. Order. Dome. That’s the motto that the Order has given the residents of Dome 1618 to live by. Natalia Greyes is a resident of Dome 1618, a covered city protected from the deadly radiation that has poisoned the world outside for four generations. Nat never questioned the Order, until one day she sees a stranger on the outside of the dome. Now Nat wants answers. Is there life outside the dome and if so, what has the Order been hiding from everyone?
I didn't read the description to this book, because I normally don't gravitate towards dystopian books. I think it was the cover that sparked my interest in the book. For some reason I thought that this was going to be a contemporary romance, or something like that, wasn't expecting this book to be dystopian so it was an interesting surprise. This book was really unique. I loved how the author described this world, it was easy to picture what things where like or how they looked the way everything was written out. I found that once I started the book I couldn't put it down. I liked the characters and the story was well written. Overall I thought that this was a pretty good book. I really enjoyed reading it.

Melanie McFarlane is a passionate writer of other-wordly adventures, a little excitable, and a little quirky. Whether it’s uncovering the corruption of the future, or traveling to other worlds to save the universe, she jumps in with both hands on her keyboard. Though she can be found obsessing over zombies and orcs from time to time, Melanie focuses her powers on writing young adult stories to keep the rest of the world up reading all night.

She lives with her husband and two daughters in the Land of Living Skies.
XBTBanner1

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...