Friday, November 17, 2017

Review : Mail-Order Christmas Baby

Mail - Order Christmas Baby by Sherri Shackelford

Genre: Love Inspired, Historical, Romance,
Goodreads: Click
Purchase link : Amazon | BN | Kobo
Pages: 288
The Rancher's Special Delivery

The "package" is addressed to him, but rancher Sterling Blackwell certainly didn't order a baby! More scandalous still, he and the town's pretty teacher are named as parents. With gossip running wild, only a marriage of convenience can protect little Gracie and their reputations until her real family is found.

Heather O'Connor is content to be the spinster schoolmarm of Valentine, Montana…until Gracie's arrival stirs her heart. She can't keep the adorable child without Sterling's help, though she promises not to interfere with his life. But staying aloof from her handsome husband isn't easy with a tiny matchmaker in tow. A mistake brought them together, but love might just make them a family by Christmas…
 

Sterling was more then surprised to find a baby sent to him through Wells Fargo but even more stranger was that the lovely Heather was claimed to be the mother while he the father when they had never had such a connection. Now to save their reputation they decide to marry and give little Gracie a home that is until the true parents come to claim the child.

So I'm not sure how I came upon requesting this book through Netgalley. I think the cover drew me in and that was all I knew that it was gonna be a Christmasy kind of book. While ready I quickly came to realize that this was a historical romance and I'm not a fan of historical romance. For me this was a pretty slow read, it was still a good book but just not for me. The story line was interesting, the characters were pretty good. Overall it was a pretty good story just not the type of book that I'm usually drawn to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...